Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students the inspiration, insight and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Classes are taught by faculty whose passion is teaching and whose scholarship gains national recognition.
• 30 academic departments offer 39 majors
• Student-to-faculty ratio: 10:1
• Average class size: 17
• Courses offered: more than 800
• Macalester meets the full financial need of admitted students—1 of only 70 colleges nationally that does so
• Two-thirds of students on average receive financial aid
• Average of need-based first-year financial aid package: $43,701
• 10:1 A student/faculty ratio of 10 to 1 means faculty know you.